This is Harbour Island's main street and a number of historical sites are located here, reflecting the past governance and inhabitants of the island:
Dunmore Cottage - location of the summer home of Lord Dunmore, former Governor of The Bahamas and founder of Dunmore Town.
Plaque of the Early Parliamentarians - a memorial to the first four members of the House of Assembly, who represented the Harbour Island District.
The Shipyard - renowned for shipbuilding, including the Marie J. Thompson, a four-masted schooner built here in 1922.
The Sugar Mill - site of a former sugar mill.
The Harbour Lounge - a restaurant renowned for its seafood.
The Fig Tree Park - a famous meeting place for the seamen and farmers.
Old Jail House - used as a jailhouse 1700s.
The Old Fort - ruins of an old fort built by a runaway Pirate, Charles Vane.
The street is wheelchair friendly, but care should be taken when moving around the uneven areas.
Pet Friendly Notes
Leashed pets are welcome, but must be controlled.
Time Period Represented
1700s to mid 1900s