Captain Yan's Boat Charter
Long Island is one of the most beautiful islands of The Bahamas. A day out on the water with Captain Yan is more than just soaking up the sun and ocean breezes.
Guests will have memories that last a lifetime from swimming with the pigs, chasing the Sandy Cay Iguanas, and exploring the natural wonders that live under the sea.
Not suitable for persons with mobility impairments.
Areas of Service and Expertise
- Water and light snacks are provided
- Equipment and bait are provided
- Snorkeling equipment can be provided upon request
We believe in protecting the environment. Our guests are encouraged not to leave garbage behind, and we also dispose of unwanted paper and plastics that should not be in the water or left on the beaches.
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Captain Yan Turnquest was born and raised on Long Island. He has been a commercial fisherman for more than 35 years. He is very knowlegdable about the island and the people.
Captain Yan is very outgoing and enjoys socializing with everyone.
He has recently participated inThe Bahama Host program and the People to People Ambassador program that was put on by The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism. Captain Yan is now more aware of what is needed to ensure that his guests are happy and that they are eager to return for another trip to Long Island.
Pet Friendly Notes
Types of Experiences and Trips Provided
Captain Yan's guests can decide on which activity they would like to do on any given day. They can choose a full or half day experience out on the beautiful waters of Long Island.
Driving south from the Deadmans Cay Airport guests are asked to take the first right corner where the sign will read "Junky Landing". Here is where the boats will be docked and ready to take care of the guests.
Arrival & Departures:
8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. half day
8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. full day
Seasons Open and Departure
- Deep Sea fishing (up to 4 persons) - $650 half day/ $750 full day
- Reef fishing (up to 4 persons) - $550 half day/ $750 full day
- Sandy Cay Iguanas (up to 4 persons) - $450 half day
- Snorkeling & Swimming with the pigs (up to 4 persons) - $450 half day/ $650 full day
- Clarence Town Harbor Cruise (up to 4 people) - $550 ( includes grill out)