Extreme Boat Adventures Ltd.
Our boat charter and tour company offers fun-filled, safe, and exciting, trips that are unmatched anywhere. Tours are designed to fit the adventurous spirit of a wide spectrum of visitors, and include: Swimming with the Pigs, Beaching, Snorkeling, Viewing of Turtles, Blue Hole Diving, and Fishing by special arrangement.
Our vessel is government inspected, licensed, approved, and fully equipped with all of the safety equipment required by Bahamian law. Some of our clientele include well-known film celebrities, and we have worked on several TV and movie productions, most notably Pirates of the Caribbean and the Scandal series.
We also provide Concierge Services and can arrange accommodations, transportation, rentals, and private yacht charters.
Our sea tours are not recommended for persons with mobility impairments or those using a wheelchair, because of the physical requirements needed to board and disembark from the vessel, swim with and interact with live animals.
Our company is very concerned with the preservation of both our water and land-based environment.
In this regard, our vessel is equipped with proper garbage receptacles and we do not allow guests to litter in any way. Our staff will check the beaches at the end of our visits and collect any garbage that may have been inadvertently left behind.
In addition, our vessel is equipped with state of the art outboard engines with negligible fuel emissions as they re-burn exhaust for use as fuel. Also, the vessel has a toilet with a self-contained holding tank, and no sewage is ever discharged into the sea. We practice a safe anchoring policy and never drop anchor on reefs or shoals, minimizing risk to our reef and coral structures. All anchoring is done in the sandy bottom.
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
We are 100% Bahamian owned and operated by Captain Robert and his wife Madeline Cartwright. Your captain and crew are very knowledgeable about the waters of The Bahamas, having grown up navigating them from childhood.
Captain Robert Cartwright, is a holder of a Bahamian Class A Captains Boat License, with over 20 years of experience in boating/boat charters, and is U.S. Coast Guard trained in safety practices at sea.
Madeline Cartwright is an experienced Marketing and Sales Manager, with over 30 years in the field, and has been a member of the Ministry of Tourism's People-to-People Program for more than 30 years.
Pet Friendly Notes
We do not recommend that pets be brought on our sea tours, due to the interaction with the animals on the seashore.
Sample Itinerary of Experience
- Island Get Away Day Trip: 8:00 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. (Daily except Tuesdays). You will be picked up from your hotel in Nassau and transported to Bahamas Ferries (a large and comfortable ferry boat), where you will be transported to Spanish Wells for the day. Upon arrival, you will be transported to Meeks Patch, a nearby private island and the home of swimming pigs and ducks. After spending time interacting with and feeding the animals, we will visit a sandbar, where shell and sand dollar seeking is a must! Afterwards, you will get to sample conch salad, a Bahamian delicacy, before exploring the historic island of Spanish Wells via a golf cart. Then, you will have lunch before heading back to Nassau.
- Day Pig Adventure: Half day (4 hours) / Full day (8 hours). We depart from Spanish Wells or Genes Bay Dock in North Eleuthera and travel to Meeks Patch to interact with and feed the swimming pigs and ducks, or you can simply throw down a towel and relax on the beach. From Meeks Patch, you will visit a sandbar to look for shells and sand dollars. On a full day trip, and by special arrangement, we can put on a beach BBQ and prepare a native dish to enhance the beauty of your experience.
- Exuma Excursions: Full day tour only (8 hours). We depart from Gene's Bay Dock in North Eleuthera and travel south to Allen's Cay in the Exuma Cays, which is inhabited by Rock Iguanas. While there you can feed the iguanas and have numerous photo opportunities as well as swim and enjoy our beautiful sunshine. Afterwards, we will visit a sandbar in Norman's Cay, the site of a crashed airplane and, if weather and sea currents are favorable, snorkel over the wreckage. Then, it's off to lunch at one of the local restaurants; after lunch we will visit the swimming pigs before returning to Gene's Bay Dock.
Seasons Open and Departure
We operate year round and departure points are from Spanish Wells and Gene's Bay Dock in North Eleuthera.
- Island Get Away Day Trip: Adults $450.00 per person / Children under 12 years $400.00
- Day Pig Adventure: Half day $650.00 / Full day $1050.00 (up to 15 persons)
- Northern Exuma Day Trip: $3500.00 (up to 15 persons)
- Exuma Cays/Staniel Cay Day Trip: $5200.00 (up to 15 persons)
- Fishing/Special Charters/Shore Based Excursions: Prices are negotiable and are based on number of persons, length of trip, and destination.