The Exuma Marathon is more than a race. It's an experience that takes place in one of the most beautiful islands on Earth. History, culture, and the world-famous swimming pigs all await you in this slice of paradise in The Bahamas. Both locals and visitors from around the world participate in the weekend of activities.
With a 2K “George Town Dash,” 5K, 10K, half marathon, marathon, and the only 50K ultra-marathon in The Bahamas, there will be a race for all ages and abilities. The marathon starts at 5 a.m. and all the other races start at 7 a.m.
Proceeds will benefit the 'Pompey Fund', which offers an annual scholarship.
- Register before June 10 and receive 50% off your registration fee.
- Sign up at www.runforpompey.com and #BeAHero.
- Visit www.grandisleresort.com and enter the promo code POMPEY to receive an exclusive runner discount for accommodations.
- Visit www.peaceandplenty.com and enter promo code POMPEY18 to receive a special discount. This deal is only available from Nov. 8-12, 2018.
- Fly roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale to George Town, Exuma, on Silver Airways for as low as $300 return, using promo code GIOE.
Persons with mobility impairments should take care when participating in these activities.
Pet Friendly Notes
There will be a large number of persons at the events, which could be stressful for pets.