Farquharson Plantation establish in 1820s by a Justice of the peace, but long abandoned. The ruins are rather extensive, and include parts of the great house, the kitchen which has a fire place and brick oven and several estate buildings north of the great house as well as slave quarters to the south. The estates which had 56 slave two years before emancipation, grew mostly guinea corn, a subsistence crop as well as pigeon peas, sweet potatoes, pumpkins and cabbages.
The estates was owned by Charles Farquharson who was a loyalist of sort who obtain one of the original grants of land on San Salvador two hundred acres between the great lake and Pigeon Creek, making the Island his home for thirty years, he extended his estate by fifteen hundred acres.
This site is not easily accessible to those with mobility impairments or persons in wheelchairs.
Pet Friendly Notes
Only leashed pets are allowed, but they must be controlled.
Time Period Represented
1820 - 1835
Sunrise to Sunset