Gems at Paradise Beach Hotel
From Deadman's Cay Airport to Gems: Continue to the end of the airport road, turning LEFT onto Queen's Highway (main road runs the entire 80 mile island) driving 13.8 miles south (note you have to pass settlement marker for Clarence Town and twin churches) turning LEFT at Gems at Paradise sign on the main road. Take Gems at Paradise road until the end, pulling up at hotel lobby (single story white building with a circular drive).
We have an energy and water conservation policy which guests are invited to participate in should they wish to: the water supply is filtered rainwater; seaweed is used as mulch for the gardens; bed linens are line-dried.
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Gems at Paradise is owned and operated by a local Bahamian family.
Lodge or Resort Description
At Gems we offer a real Bahamian experience and pride ourselves on exceptional service and hospitality. Our owners are locals with a fount of knowledge on local points of interest and folklore, and can provide as much information on the island and The Bahamas in general that any visitor would want to know.
Located on Lochabar Bay, with spectacular beach views, tropical grounds that are home to an array of bird species and flora, plus undisturbed serenity, our secluded boutique hotel is an ideal destination to relax and celebrate intimately with your significant other, or with friends and family.
We can arrange tours to world famous Dean's Blue Hole, just 2 1/2 miles to the north, and to any of the island's many long romantic beaches, secluded natural salt-water pools, gentle hills overlooking the Atlantic, bonefish flats, historic live cave systems, and active marine life at numerous dive sites.
Pet Friendly Notes
No pets are allowed.
We can make arrangements for you to:
- Bonefish with our expert guides, who will show you a great day catching Bonefish, Small Tarpon, Barracuda or Ladyfish.
- Deep Sea fish for Blue Marlin, Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Kingfish or Mackerel or Reef Fishing for Snappers and Yellowtails.
- Kayak to nearby Salt Cay to collect sea salt; you'll pass Bahamian Green Turtles on the way
- Explore Hamilton's Cave, that has passages up to 50 ft. wide and where artifacts and ancient drawings of the first Bahamian settlers, the Lucayan Indians, were discovered.
- Visit 663 ft. deep Dean's Blue Hole, where free-diving world records have been set, or the monument marking Columbus' third landfall in 1492, or one of our many powdery secluded beaches.
- Go birdwatching and see the endangered West Indian Whistling Duck, Bahama Yellowthroats, Bananaquits, Gulls, Yellow Crowned Night Heron, Ospreys or the occasional Flamingo. Don't be surprised if you spot several species right here at Gems.
$139-$275 with Specials year-round, percentage-off or free nights
- Locally or Family-Owned Business
Lodging Style and Amenities
An intimate boutique hotel, we offer elegant, comfortable all-balcony beachfront rooms and condos, a large waterfront dining/conference room, spacious lobby, customized meal plans, free WiFi, kayaks, and many other amenities. All rooms have windows that open, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, iron/boards, blow dryers, beach towels, ice buckets, coffeemakers, television, DVD player with free movie rentals, and daily housekeeping for short stays.
The beach area has a gazebo, patio furniture, beach chairs, free kayak and paddle-boat rental, and a shaded hammock area. We also provide free WiFi and Satellite TV in the lobby, free local calls, full access to the main kitchen, an honor system for the liquor/snack bar, board games, international calling cards, fax services, and complimentary car and tour reservations.