Higgs Family Tomb
The Higgs family dates back more than a century in Harbour Island. In the Crown Land Grant of 1791, this land was granted to John Tedder by King George III.
Now closed forever, the Higgs Tomb was once used for burying the dead. A stairway and shelves are inside. Caskets were placed on the shelves, but all wreaths were laid outside the tomb.
The area is not wheelchair accessible. Visitors with mobility impairments can view the tomb from roadside.
Pet Friendly Notes
Leashed pets are welcome, but must be controlled.