Holy Innocence Anglican Church
This church is one of three denominations represented on the island. Due to the small population of less than 100 persons, there is a floating schedule, with everyone worshiping together at one of the three churches each Sunday.
The original church was built under the Rector ship of Father Floyd and was consecrated by Henry Norris Churton, Bishop of Nassau, on February 24th, 1900. Bishop Churton died at sea when his boat capsized on January 20, 1904, and a memorial cross was constructed in his honor on Pigeon Cay, just off Ragged Island.
It is part of the Southern Archdeaconry in the Parish of Saint Andrew, George Town, Exuma. It has now been rebuilt/renovated and the new structure was consecrated on February 11, 1990. Its Patronal Festival is celebrated on December 28th.
There is easy access into the building.
Sunday School is at 10:00 a.m. with Sunday Worship Services at 11:00 a.m.