During the time of Cromwell, the military was made up of the round heads and the cavaliers. Around the mid 1600s a contingent of round heads was stationed here to protect this area from threats of invasion by the Spaniards. They fortified this area with cannons that were directed at the entrance to the Harbour. This land was granted to one Howland Spencer, a resident, in 1939. In the 1960's, a home was erected on the site.
The cannons are located on private property and can be viewed from the street, which has easy access for all.
Pet Friendly Notes
Leashed pets are welcome, but must be controlled.
Time Period Represented
Sunrise to Sunset