St. Mary The Virgin Anglican Church
St. Mary The Virgin Anglican Church (now closed), is a substantial stone church that was built to the top of the walls at the close of the 18th Century (1799). Reverend John Rigand provided 100 pounds of sterling for the completion of the church in 1888, and the work began in the same year.
The church ruins still stand today, and visitors from all over the world look forward to seeing this historic church building that was constructed by the Spaniards when they visit Long Island. It is also an awesome place to capture a beautiful sunset.
The church is easily accessible by foot. However persons in wheelchairs would have to view it from the outside or have someone assist them getting into the building.
Sunday - Saturday / 6:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
The church is open for visitation any time of day or night, but it is advised to visit during the daytime.